Serious music production requires serious tools. Reason provides all you need to set up your own virtual music on your computer: a synthesizer, arpeggiator, sequencer and groove mixer.
Reason's synthesizer comes with six oscillator types, four different filters, a step sequencer and a modular matrix. The monophonic arpeggiator can play in multiple modes and includes a pattern section. I was also very much impressed with Reason's sequencer, which features multiple lanes, vector automation and dedicated device types. The 32 channel mixer completes a set of powerful tools.
Reason is not for beginners, and this is obvious the moment you open up the application. However if you have some knowledge of music production, you'll welcome the wealth of tools available and the flexibility they give you when working with music and sounds.
Reason can easily be integrated with other software and hardware you already use, making it a versatile choice.
If you're seriously into music production, Reason is the tool you need.
- Audio recording:
- Capture your ideas with a minimum of mouse clicks and menu actions - version 6 introduces unlimited hard disk tracks and rock solid audio recording in Reason.
- More sounds:
- The included Factory Sound Bank has been expanded with thousands of new patches and loops for Reason's instruments, and hundreds of patches for the new Pulveriser, The Echo and Alligator effects. Finding your sound has never been easier.
- Time stretch and audio transpose:
- With our now legendary non-destructive time stretch, you can actually record first and pick your tempo later. And with the brand new audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Change the tempo of your song, and the audio follows right along. Non-destructively change the pitch with a mouse click.
- For more information, full details of Reason 6 are available here.